Kornit Digital develops manufactures and markets industrial and commercial printing solutions for the Garment, Apparel, and Textile industries. The Field Service Engineer assists customers with the installation, troubleshooting, and repair of the full Kornit Digital product line.
The focus and responsibilities of this role include:
• Assist customers via telephone and in-person to diagnose/repair problem
• Professionally present and demonstrate each piece of equipment to clients, staff, and others.
• Professionally Install, demonstrate/train and present Kornit equipment to customers, from printing to maintenance and special applications
• Rebuild, refurbish and update Kornit equipment as needed
• Communicate potential sales opportunities
• Able to diagnose/repair electrical and mechanical malfunctions to bring Kornit equipment back up to operational standards
• Understand the application of all chemicals and inks for purposes of functional use in all machines
• Perform detailed mechanical, electrical and maintenance service at customer sites
• Complete all service reports and enter this information in the Kornit Priority /Sales Force system
• Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical, Mechanical or Engineering Degree from an Accredited Institute or 7+ years’ experience as a Field Service Engineer servicing electrical/mechanical/printers.
• Physical Requirements: Ability to bend, stoop, crawl, grab, and work within confined spaces. Also requires the ability to lift 50 pounds unassisted along with moving up to 1000 pounds with mechanical aids.
• Previous experience with inkjet printers, desired
• Able to travel 75% time, primarily domestically; some international travel to Canada
• Valid Passport and Driver’s License without limitations (travel insurance is provided)
• Able to read and understand blueprints and schematic drawings
• Ability to work with minimal supervision and in high-pressure environments
Preferred but Not Required:
• Knowledge of RIP (Raster image processor) and Photoshop
Kornit Digital offers an outstanding compensation and benefits package, medical, dental and life insurances; Investment Savings Plan (401K) with employer matching. Kornit Digital is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants due to race, ethnicity, gender, veteran status, or on the basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.