The product leader is responsible for all engineering activities related to a new product. The product leader will work within the program team and will be responsible to provide all operational deliverables that required for the introduction of new product to mass production
The NPI PL is recognized as a key manufacturing technology leader within the organization. Interface with global counter-parts to achieve Ops KPI’s and integrate overall Operational activities throughout PLC gates.
Rolls and Responsibility
· Lead New Product Introduction activities with R&D and inside Operations group
· Set an overall Operational NPI plan, Set Ops KPI’s, Track and follow project progress, manage risk and report accordingly.
· Manage prototypes system and NPI builds
· Ensure Design for Manufacturing guidelines are well implemented in the product design and validate implementation impact on product quality
· Be responsible for building Product/Production file, Product documentation, BOM, jigs and tools from design stage till production implementation
· Be responsible for system continues improvements plan by conducting ECO’s and manage product tree
· Support R&D in the Functional, Mechanical and Electrical debugging of prototypes at the early stage of development
· Provide feedback on improvements required based on DF’x methodology of new products
· Define and analyze Production work flows. Work continuously to reduce production cycle time
· Serve as a technical authority to contract Manufacturing during NPI process
· Reproduce and analyze failures on returned Products, define corrective actions and follow-up on implementation
· Build product cost reduction road map – Provide technical opportunities for CR, lead the CR program from the idea stage through qualification till implementation, work closely with purchasing department to find and qualify new parts
Education, Skills and Experience
· BSc degree in Mechanical engineering- mandatory.
· Minimum 3 years of proven experience in engineering/ R&D environment.
· Proven experience in leading NPI activities and product transfer to production in a High-tech Company
· Proven experience and knowledge in the field of manufacturing technologies (Machining, Sheet metal, Casting, extrusion) – Must!
· Experience in cost reduction technology activities – plastic molding, extrusion, casting etc.- Must!
· Previous experience in leading DF’x methodology
· Project management skills, ability to work and manage activities in matrix
· Familiar with printing industry or other multidisciplinary systems – an advantage
· Excellent interpersonal skills, high motivation, ability to work under pressure
· High skills in Hebrew and English, speaking and writing
· Experience in CAD software – Solid Works- an advantage
· Experience in PDM/ EDM tools – Priority - an advantage